Graduation!!

Hi Everyone, 
Eighteen years ago I was born with a serious heart and lung defect. My parents were told that I had a 13% chance of living to the age of 5. A few months after that my parents had Hospice coming to the house to help prepare them for me passing away, thankfully I graduated out of Hospice Care. Six years ago I was on a ventilator for 12 days, a wound-vac to help clean out my blood stream and was fighting for my life against a deadly infection called MRSA that I had gotten during open heart surgery. Then just two years after that I was life-flighted up to California to get a pacemaker and a defibulator put inside of me at Lucille Packard Children's Hospital. This past Thursday I graduated from Horizon High School. 

As I walked across the stage to shake my principal's hand and to accept my diploma; my eyes filled up with tears. Graduation is a very important time for every person, but to me; this mark yet another milestone that people weren't sure I'd ever get to see. As I shook my principal's hand and posed for a picture I was silently not only thanking God, but also everyone else who has been part of my life. My mom, my dad, all my siblings, my friends, the doctors, the nurses and all the people who have prayed for me over the years. I have no doubt that without each and every one of you, I would not be here today. Whenever I have fallen down, you all have been there to help pull me back up to my feet. You have helped keep my spirits high, even at some of the worst times of my life. I thank you all so much, without you I know that I would not be where I am today.

In the fall I am going to go to PVCC then after two years I will transfer over to ASU. I am debating on studying nursing or psychology. But I know that whatever I choose and wherever life takes me, I have an amazing support system to lean on. Thank you guys for always being there for me when I needed you the most. I love you all. 

The past is history, the future is a mystery; but today is a gift, that's why it is called the present. 

Miracles Happen,
Becca 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Feel free to comment and share a story!

 
My Life As A Chronically
Ill Young Adult
Blog Design by Ipietoon