Cold in the Summer?!

Hi everyone!!
Sorry I haven't posted in a while! I have been really busy. Let me just catch you up on a few things that are going on in my life right now. 

So all last week I woke up before 9 AM (GASP! In the summer time that is a miracle for me. Ha ha.) and I helped out at Vacation Bible School at my church. The first half of the first day I walked around taking pictures of all the little kiddos; feeling like a creeper. :P They would all stop what they were doing and ask their teachers, "Why is that girl taking pictures of us?" Thankfully all the teachers knew who I was and we all helped to reassure them that I was allowed to take their pictures. The second half of the day the lady helping run VBS asked me to go help out the in the nursery since the person they thought would be helping there hadn't shown up. So it was me and this wonderful woman named Dinna taking care of 5 kids all under the age of 3 for a whole week! Now I LOVE kids, I adore them! I think they are the cutest things in the whole world and very precious. BUT, they can be crazy. By the end of the week I had at least one scratch on my body from each kid in that nursery. I must say though, all the kids were very well behaved when someone in another classroom pulled the fire alarm and we have to evacuate the building. (Well behaved as in they didn't try to run away; but there was screaming, crying and panic.) I am not very strong so picking up a sleeping baby, (who thank God slept through the whole thing) and a two year old was a bit difficult, especially when another child is clinging onto your leg; not letting you walk. Thankfully that day we had another girl helping us. I can honestly say though, I never want to be in a nursery full of kids when the fire alarm goes off again. Ever. However, I would volunteer my time again at a nursery; maybe just not five days out of the week because I cam home a little after lunch time feeling exhausted. I have NO idea how my mom and dad did it with 10 kids living in one house at the same time. I don't know how they do it now, and there are only 6 kids living at home and things are still crazy for them! Gave me a whole new perspective on being a parent; and I wasn't even with the kids for more than 3 hours!

So with that whole week gone and me being exhausted; naturally my body isn't very strong and I somehow catch a cold in the summer. Summer time! Normally this is my best time of the year! But no, here I am with a stuffed up nose, scratchy throat and my lungs full of junk. I went to the doctors yesterday and they gave me a burst of steroids to help so that should work and I am taking my inhalers every 3 to 4 hours as well. My little sister also had a cold earlier this week and my niece is being taken to the doctor today to see if she has strep throat since her throat is killing her. I got checked and I don't have it, thankfully. 

Other than that not much else has been going on. We did host the Youth Group Pool Party at our house for our church. That was fun except that was the day I was starting to feel sick. On the bright side though, I did get to eat my nachos. =) 

Well I am going to go lay down and rest now! Love you all! 
Becca 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Feel free to comment and share a story!

 
My Life As A Chronically
Ill Young Adult
Blog Design by Ipietoon