Great News!!

Hi Everyone, 

Sorry I haven’t posted in a while, I have been really busy with college; which is going really good. Sadly I have been really tired whenever I come home so I take a nap for a few hours, but other than that I am doing great. I have some great news! I had to turn in my first college essay about an important event in my life, so I wrote about my graduation from high school and how I wasn’t even supposed to make it to that point yet. I was really nervous about how she would grade it and what I would get, but I got a 90%!! I was SO excited! Then I had to do a take home Sociology Exam, the teacher kept telling us that take home exams were not easier; in fact they were harder. So I was really nervous when I turned it in; but I was pleasantly surprised when I got it back and I had gotten the grade of 100%!!

Some more great news is that I applied to be an official blogger for the Adult Congenital Heart Defect Association’s website. I heard back from them and they accepted my application! I am going to be a blogger for them! Woo-hoo! Then, on top of that I also heard back from a website called Fight Like a Girl Club which is a website where woman can post and read inspirational stories of woman and girls going through health issues such as tumors, diabetes and cancer. I had applied over the summer and finally heard back from the founder of the website who apologized for the delay (because they have so many applications) she also told me that she remembered the article I had written for them as a guest writer over the summer and she also said that she looked at my blog and read one of the poems I had posted on there. I was so surprised and excited when the founder of the website told me that since she remembered my writing she didn’t even have to look at my application; I automatically got a position as their blogger for their section on Heart Disease! (I did explain to her though that my heart problem is a defect, not a disease because those are two different things.) I am just SO excited! I love writing and I’ve always wanted to make a positive change in the world using my love for the written word; it seems as if I am getting the chance to do that now through two different blogs! I am so happy!!!!! I want to thank all of you who read the stories I would write as a little kid and told me to continue with the hobby that is now a passion of mine. Your support is greatly appreciated!

With Excitement,
Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Feel free to comment and share a story!

 
My Life As A Chronically
Ill Young Adult
Blog Design by Ipietoon