Quick Update

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give you guys a quick update about the heart cath and pacemaker replacement I got a few weeks ago. During the cath, I had a horrible asthma attack and they had to give me a bunch of asthma medications while I was still sedated. The doctors took a look at some of the pressures in my heart and they aren't too happy about them. They are hoping though that it was just because I had eaten a bunch of salt the night before (I splurged! Haha.) and because of the difficulty with my asthma. I have to go and get a CT scan in a few weeks to see if the numbers have gotten any better since than. I am back on my low salt diet and I am really monitoring my asthma closely now. I just hope that the numbers weren't "real" as the doctors liked to say. I'd really appreciate your thoughts during this time. If the numbers are "real" and my heart is getting worse, than the next step is to go back and talk with the transplant doctor and I am not ready for that step. Not ready at all. I like to think that I handle this kind of stuff pretty well, but when it comes to the idea of getting a transplant, I don't know how to deal with it at all. So I'd love to be able to put it off as long as possible. I want to thank you guys for being there for me through all of this, I really appreciate it.

Hope and Love,
Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Feel free to comment and share a story!

 
My Life As A Chronically
Ill Young Adult
Blog Design by Ipietoon