Sorry it's been a while

 Hi!


 Sorry I haven't written in a while. I came down with what we think was the flu. I had a fever for about five days straight and just felt awful. And on top of that I had to go in for some of my finals. Thankfully I am now feeling much better and I have finished my first year of college! It's amazing to me how fast this year has gone by! It's amazing to me how just a few years ago the idea or even the thought of me going to college wasn't something the doctors or my family thought would be able to happen. Yes we hoped and fought for it, but it wasn't always a definite yes I'd love to go to college and here I am, my first year of college done!


On top of that I also have some great news about this summer! I have written a few articles for Pulmonary Hypertension Association. It is an organization for people who have Pulmonary Hypertension; like myself. Every other year they also have an International Conference and this year it is going to be in Florida! We had planned on going so I could see some of my friends and catch up with them. About two weeks ago though they contacted me and asked me to be on a panel and talk to patients, caregivers and family members about how creativity has helped me cope - especially my writing and Sign Language. I am so excited to be able to do this! On top of getting to see all my friends, I will be able to help families and patients learn great coping strategies. It's all amazing and I am so excited!!


Other than that, not much else is going on. Tonight I will be going to my church's talent show and performing American Sign Language; so that will be exciting! I promise to update more often now that I am not sick!


Hope and Love,
Becca 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Feel free to comment and share a story!

 
My Life As A Chronically
Ill Young Adult
Blog Design by Ipietoon