Back from Florida!

Hey everyone,

So I am back from Florida! Last night our flight kept getting delayed so I didn't get home till about 1:30 AM. Needless to say, I was exhausted. Especially from all the walking around we had done over the course of the week. We went to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure, Disney World's Magic Kingdom, Sea World and Wonder Works. Wonder Works is kind of like a science center but the building is turned upside, so it is known as the 'Upside Down House'. 

We didn't spend a lot of time in Sea World since it was a down pour constantly and all the rides closed down. In Universal Studios we visited the Comic Book Land, Dr. Suess Land, Comic Strip Land, Jurassic Park land and of course Harry Potter world where we tried their Butter Beer. The shops in Harry Potter world were amazing, but the whole place was crowded so we didn't spend a lot of time there either. 

The conference went really well! I gave my speech about creativity - especially blogging and writing as a coping mechanism. I also performed American Sign Language to music to the song 'Power of One' which went perfectly with the theme of the conference 'The Power of One; From a Kitchen Table to Around the World'. I had so much fun answering questions and meeting people who sat in on my session! 

A lady gave me her business card after my speech and asked me to write a few paragraphs about this years conference for the next edition of a book called 'The PH Patient Survival Guide'! I am so excited to help her with this and to write a few sentences about all the sessions I attended this year! 

Speaking of sessions I attending, I went to a Teen PH Support Group and I sat in on a Low Salt Diet session. In that session we could all ask questions as to how to go about doing a low salt diet, not getting to dehydrated and things like that. 

This conference was amazing and I really enjoyed our stay in Florida! The next conference is in 2 years and it will be in Indiana. I am already excited for it! The did film my speech, and once I get a copy of that - I will post it on here! 

Hope and Love,
Becca 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Feel free to comment and share a story!

 
My Life As A Chronically
Ill Young Adult
Blog Design by Ipietoon