Florida Trip!

On the 20th of June, I along with my family will be boarding a plane and headed for Florida! Because I was born with a lung disease called Pulmonary Hypertension - we are going to an annual conference that takes place every 2 years and this year it is in Florida! I went to the last conference and I loved it! I got to meet people who had the same thing as me, talk about our experiences and make great friends. (Or in the PH community they are called PHriends.) This  conference to me is a lot like heart camp. We are all dealing with the same thing. We are all understanding and accepting of one another. We may not see each other very often, but when we meet up at the next conference it is like nothing has changed and we are still great friends.  
Along with sitting in on some interesting topics (such as how to live with a low salt diet, which I need to start doing again) I myself will be part of a panel that talks about creativity as a form of coping; specifically writing/blogging. I will also be attending a support group meeting for teens with PH and then later that night I will be going to an after party for PH patients who are between the ages of 20 - 30 to meet, have and just talk. Get to be normal, regular, young adults. And to add to the excitement, my family and I will be visiting Disney World! 

I know it will be hot and sweaty in Florida - but I am so excited! I can't wait for it! I'll make sure to take lots of pictures and share this amazing, uplifting and inspiration event with you all when I get back!

Hope and Love,
Becca 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Feel free to comment and share a story!

 
My Life As A Chronically
Ill Young Adult
Blog Design by Ipietoon