Wonderful Words Wednesday

It was my senior year of high school when I got assigned a book to read that held the life philosophies of many. Some of them were famous, such as the person I am about to quote and others were teachers and college students from around the United States. The person whose life philosophy and views I absolutely adored was not someone I expected to. His name was Albert Einstein. I expected some long complicated essay that this man wrote about his philosophy on life and how to live life. But instead I got a beautifully, well written essay that I and average people could understand. And the best of all, he was open minded about so many things. I expected this man to say he had all the answers because he was a genius  but he was more than comfortable with saying 'Hey I don't know everything, but I like to believe that...' 
So when I went out on a search for a quote to use this week, I knew I wanted to use one of his many inspirational quotes and I found this one. "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." It's normal to get into a funk and see only the negative, it's pretty much an automatic response. But I love that Einstein reminds us that even with hard times and troubles, there can be opportunity and even success. 

Applying this quote to my life, I realized that even though there are things about having CHD and PH that are awful and that I hate, I have gotten to do things, meet people and have experiences that I never would have had if I wasn't born with these illnesses. Me being sick, has given me the opportunity to learn ASL, get adopted into the wonderful family I've been adopted into, go to camp and make life long friends, fall in love with writing as a coping mechanism and so much more. Yes being chronically or terminally ill with CHD or any other illnesses gives us difficulties. But it can also give us opportunities. When you're feeling down, remember the opportunities being sick has given you.

What opportunities has your illness given you? 
What opportunities has the illness of a loved one given them or you? 

Hope and Love,
Becca

1 comments:


  1. too good piece of information, I had come to know about your site from my friend sajid, bangalore,i have read atleast 11 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your web-page gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new post, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again, Regards, Best Inspirational Quotes by Albert Einstein on Life

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! Feel free to comment and share a story!

 
My Life As A Chronically
Ill Young Adult
Blog Design by Ipietoon