Music Monday "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson

I'm sure that we have all heard the saying, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I have not always believed this saying. When I was a kid, I took it literally and that's where my confusion first came from. How could have CHD and Pulmonary Hypertension make me stronger if it actually makes my body so weak? Reason number one why I didn't believe it. 

Then I got older, and I realized it was a metaphor. It meant once we went through the tough parts, we came out on the other side stronger emotionally. That we had survived. But there were times in my life when I didn't feel like I came out from the other side emotionally stronger. In fact I felt torn down, beaten and down right depressed. Reason number two why I didn't believe it. 

But then I got a little older and I saw that as I moved on from the things that happened to me and I became happy again, I was stronger. I had better coping mechanisms this time around. I knew who I could turn to when I needed help. I was better equipped to deal with the things going on in my life and it was harder for life to knock me down now than it was in the past. That's why I truly, whole heartily believe this saying. While you may not be strong right afterwards... eventually, you will be. May take a few months... or like me, years. But you will get there. You will be strong again. And you will be happy again. 


Now this song is context to her boyfriend leaving her, but if you ignore that one part, you will see how this whole song can relate to the ups and downs we all face in life and how they can make us stronger; if we allow them to. 

I have put in bold the parts of the song I think are the most inspirational. 

"Stronger" Kelly Clarkson 


You know the bed feels warmer
Sleeping here alone
You know I dream in colour
And do the things I want
You think you got the best of me
Think you had the last laugh
Bet you think that everything good is gone
Think you left me broken down
Think that I'd come running back
Baby you don't know me, cause you're dead wrong 
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter 
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you'r gone
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself and I
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
You heard that I was starting over with someone new
They told you I was moving on and over you
You didn't think that I'd come back
I'd come back swinging
You try to break me
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter 
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you'r gone
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself and I
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
Thanks to you I got a new thing started
Thanks to you I'm not a broken hearted
You know in the end the day to left was just my beginning
In the end...
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller

Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter Footsteps even lighte
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you'r gone
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself and I
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller

Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself and I
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller

Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
When I'm alone

Hope and Love,
Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Feel free to comment and share a story!

Follow by Email

 
My Life As A Chronically
Ill Young Adult
Blog Design by Ipietoon