Liebster Award

I know that usually on Monday's, I post inspirational music. But today I decided to post blogs that I find inspirational. My dear friend nominated me for what is called a Liebster Award and now as part of the idea of Liebster, it is my turn to nominate a few blogs that I think are outstanding, inspirational and helping to make a positive change in the world. 
If you are nominated please do the following things:

  • Please copy and paste these questions onto your blog (in a new post) and answer them. 
  • Nominate 3 - 5 up and coming blogs that you love to read. You can not nominate the person who nominated you. 
  • Notify your nominees and provide a link back to your post. 
  • Post the link to their blog on a post (much like I will be doing below) 
  • When you make your own post, you must create 11 questions for the nominees to answer on their blog 
So here are the questions that my friend asked me to answer:
1.) What are you wearing right now? 

Long skinny jeans and a lace crop top over a pink tank top. 

2.) Why did you decide to start a blog?

I wanted to help raise awareness for CHD and PH along with letting others know that they are not alone in their struggles. 

3.) What is one thing about yourself that you consider interesting?

My taste in music is pretty interesting. Or so I've been told. 

4.) What is one thing that you want more than anything in the world?

I want people to start being kinder and more accepting of one another. 

5.) What is your favorite pastime?

Ooh that's a hard one. I love reading, writing and signing to music. 


6.)What is your favorite book?
 I can't pick just one. But Nancy Drew and The Magic Treehouse series is what sparked my love for reading when I was younger. Now I love The Divergent Trilogy, anything written by John Grisham, Sue Grafton and Harlan Coben. ;">

7.) If you could meet one historical figure, who would it be?
Martin Luther King Jr. 

8.) What was the last thing you ate?

Spaghetti! 

9.) I'm running out of questions...what's your favorite word?

Acceptance. 

10.) What is your favorite food?;Steak and mashed potatoes. 

11.) What is one thing you have never learned but would like to?
I'd love to learn how to do a proper dive into water. I always do a belly-flop every time I try. 



Now as for my nominations I have nominated the following blogs: 

Shelby at: http://teenagehearttransplant.blogspot.com Shelby and I met while at a camp for kids with heart defects. She is outgoing, loving and has an amazing sense of humor. She has had 2 heart transplants so far and her outlook on life is a bright one that always makes me smile. 


Mrs. Shrader (She is a mom of one my friends so I don't call her by her first name!) at: http://theblessingcounter.blogspot.com/ 

Mrs. Shrader has 4 kids all together and runs an amazing blog all about their life. Two of her kids have special needs so she has an amazing insight into the world of being a parent to kids with special needs. Whenever I see her though she never complains and is always full of happiness. I don't know how she does it, but she always seems to be looking at the bright side of things. 

And last but not least: Show Hope at http://blog.showhope.org/As someone who is adopted and comes from a large adopted family (There are 14 of us! And some from other countries!), I really appreciate what this blog does. It mainly focuses on raising awareness about adopting from China in hopes that more people will, but it talks about adoption in general as well - speaking about the amazing stories of hope and how adoption has changed people's lives. It certainly has not only changed my life, but has saved it as well. So thank you Show Hope for helping raise awareness to adoption! 
So for all of you who have been nominated, here are the questions I'd like you to answer on your own blog! 



  1. What made you want to start a blog? 
  2. How long have you been blogging for? 
  3. What is one thing you would change about this world if you could? 
  4. Who in your life inspires you or helps motivate you to keep going? 
  5. What is one misconception about the topic you write about that you'd like to clear up? 
  6. How has running a blog changed your life? 
  7. If someone were to ask you what you hope to accomplish with your blog, what would you tell them? 
  8. Can you be found on Twitter for your readers to follow? 

Now for some random questions!


  1. What is your favorite color? 
  2. Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla ice cream?
  3. Pepsi or Coke? 

Thanks again to my dear friend for the nomination and I hope you guys check out some of the blogs I've talked about. They are amazing, insightful and written by wonderful people!
Hope and Love,

Becca 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Feel free to comment and share a story!

 
My Life As A Chronically
Ill Young Adult
Blog Design by Ipietoon