Some Good News

Sorry it has been a few days since my last post, things got a little crazy at my house! As many of you know, I was having issues with my lungs. I got out of breath easily and my lung function has been down from what it was a year ago or so. So my doctors talked about getting me a CT Scan of my lungs to see if it is Pulmonary Fibrosis or something differently. However, I have been getting better lately. I do not get out of breath as easily as I was, which is really good. I haven't taken my oxygen level lately with my Pulse Ox, (which I probably should do) so I don't know what my numbers are. When I was having trouble though, they were in the 80's and I'm normally between 92 and 95. My Peak Flow Meter (something I blow into to measure lung function based off of how low or high the number I get to is) has been steadily at 250-260 which isn't horrible but it isn't as good as it was back in February. So I will keep an eye on that number, but I'm not too worried about it. My doctors also don't seem as worried as they once were and they have canceled the CT Scan. Personally I think it would've been good to just get it, just in case; because if it is Pulmonary Fibrosis then it is something we need to get working on as soon as possible. But on the other hand, not having to have another test is always nice. 
I know a few weeks ago I wrote on this blog that I was tired of all this uncertainty. It was hard for me because I felt so well but my numbers didn't look so good. Well now my numbers are the same and I'm feeling good, so the doctors have decided that it isn't something to get too worried about. Which is nice. But again, the process of getting worried, getting tests while still being worried, and then looking at the results and getting even more worried and then finally getting answers or reassurance that I'm okay... it's a tiring process and after it a while, it gets annoying. But thankfully, at this time, the process seems to be coming to a close and I don't have to worry about my health getting worse. Thank you all for your prayers and support, I appreciate it so much!

Hope and Love,
Becca 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Feel free to comment and share a story!

 
My Life As A Chronically
Ill Young Adult
Blog Design by Ipietoon