Back to My Normal

It's been a few weeks since I last posted, so I apologize for that. I want you to know though, that the reason I haven't had the time to post is because my life has been crazy busy - in the good way! My quality of life is finally back to where it was last year and I have been going non-stop enjoying how good I'm feeling.
Lets start off with the trip to the Renaissance Fair that I took with my heart friends, since that was the furthest back. It was a lot of fun and it was great to go since I hadn't gone in years. I was worried about all the walking and if I'd have the energy but I lasted the whole day and didn't use a wheelchair at all. We walked the Fair (which is several acres) about 3 or 4 times. I got out of breath, but nothing too bad. My friend DJ made a video with photos and videos from the day that you can watch. 


That was on a Saturday and then the following week on Sunday I went on a date. We saw a comedy musical called "A Gentlemen's Guide to Love and Murder". It was a lot of fun and the actor who played the majority of the characters was amazingly talented! We had balcony seats (or as my dad calls them, "nose bleed section"). which meant we had to hike up several flight of stairs since the theatre doesn't have an elevator. Jon offered to give me a piggy back ride, but I didn't want us to get in trouble if people thought we were just goofing off. So I'd like to tell you guys that ASU Gammage is raising money to put in two elevators, which I am seriously considering donating to.

The week following that was a crazy busy one. Thursday we had my sister's wedding rehearsal and then Friday was the wedding. As many of you know, I helped make the center pieces for the tables but what I kept a secret was that I was also the officiant at the wedding. We kept it as quiet as possible so I could surprise everyone at the wedding when I walked out there to marry Kelly and Rich. It was my first time marrying anyone and I had so much fun doing it. It was an honor to be asked and I am so glad that it went off without a hitch for them! When we get the photos from the photographer, I will post them. 

Saturday we had people over to dye Easter Eggs. We were cleaning up from the wedding reception and getting everything set up for Easter the next day. Easter came and we had everyone over again for a late lunch. The kids did an egg hunt and the older kids each got one egg for them that had a scratcher card in it. We had to hide each other's eggs and I hid my sister's fiancĂ©s' egg inside our turtle enclosure. Each year we try and hide each other's eggs in a harder and weirder place than the year before. One year my brother hid someone's egg in a half open grape fruit that he had cut open while it was still on the tree. We get pretty into it. We also had an egg toss competition, which Tom and I came in second for the first round and then we were in fourth or third the second time. My dad made homemade vanilla ice-cream which is always a big hit, so sadly, there was no left overs.

Monday afternoon mom, dad and I boarded a plane and went to California for a quick check up. I'm doing really well, which is why I am feeling so good. Since I am doing so well, I don't have to go back for another four months. When I go back at four months and if I'm still doing well, we can push it out to every six months.

I got my acceptance letter from GCU which is exciting! My mom and I are meeting with an advisor later this week to discuss Disability Resources and tuition since I will not be going full time. This past Friday I went to a GCU movie event with my friend Allie who will also be going to the school with me, and we got to meet some other new students too which was great!

I'm excited to be getting back to my normal. I've missed feeling so well and having a life. I'm going to enjoy this as much as I can for as long as I can.

Hope and Love,


Post a Comment

Hey guys! Feel free to comment and share a story!

Follow by Email

My Life As A Chronically
Ill Young Adult
Blog Design by Ipietoon