Phoenix Children's Hospital Grand Rounds

On August 15th I had the honor of speaking at Phoenix Children's Hospital's Grand Rounds. I spoke about the importance of team work amongst doctors as well as the importance of including parents/caregivers in the medical process, even if the patient is an adult.
I spoke after the wonderful and amazing Layla who spoke about the role siblings play in the patients' life and medical care. She is a talented young woman with wisdom far beyond her years. I cannot wait to see what wonderful things she accomplishes in her life.
I have put a link to both of our speeches. There was a Q&A afterwards, however the mic didn't pick up on the questions from the audience. So if you have any questions, feel free to ask below! 

Layla's Speech: 

If you'd like to share these links, please feel free to do so! We both would love to see these speeches help other families and other hospitals understand these important issues. 

With Hope and Love,
Becca 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Feel free to comment and share a story!

 
My Life As A Chronically
Ill Young Adult
Blog Design by Ipietoon