Low Sodium Korean Potatoes

I have been collecting some amazing low sodium recipes over the past few years. I have recently joined a low sodium Facebook group and been sharing what I make on there. I've had a few people reach out and ask me to share the recipes I have tried and love over the years.
My first recipe is going to be Korean Potatoes.  (They call them gamja jorim) I LOVE this recipe. Every time I go out for Korean BBQ (which is more than my doctors probably want me to), I always hope that they have this side dish available. But thankfully - I don't have to go out anymore nor do I have to risk my water weight going up. Now you can too! 


Ingredients:

  • 3 medium-sized potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • ½ cup water
  • 2½ tbsp low sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp Corn Syrup
  • 1½ tbsp sugar
  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 1/4 tsp fake salt (aka: salt substitute. I use potassium  phosphate. Ask your doctor before using if you can have potassium.) 
  • 1 tsp sesame seeds 

Instructions: 

  • Heat up 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the potatoes (turning occasionally) on med-high heat for 5-7 minutes until half cooked and lightly seared on all sides. 
  • Add the water, soy, corn syrup, sugar and garlic and simmer for 6-8 minutes until potatoes are cooked and the sauce thickens and is no longer runny.
  • Add fake salt to taste . 
  • Sprinkle sesame seeds on top 
  • Serve hot or put in the fridge and serve it cold - both ways are great! 

Notes: 

  • These items do NOT contain salt in this recipe: 
    • Potatoes 
    • Water
    • Oil
    • Corn Syrup 
    • Sugar
    • Garlic 
    • Fake Salt (Potassium Phosphate)  
    • Sesame seeds (It technically has 1mg for 1 TBSP but it's so minimal, I figured I could list it. But, I did want to let you know - for those who really count their numbers.  
  • Serves: 3-4 people 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Feel free to comment and share a story!

 
My Life As A Chronically
Ill Young Adult
Blog Design by Ipietoon